Becky Ricards Small
01722 427 529
Becky Ricards Small is a partner in our Mental Capacity team. Becky is experienced in mental capacity work specialising in high value cases. Becky specialises in Court of Protection, Trusts and legal issues relating to the elderly and vulnerable. Typically her client base are adults and children suffering with brain injuries and often children with Cerebral Palsy. Becky is adept at providing pragmatic and sympathetic advice. She is highly respected by her clients for both her legal expertise and personable interactions.
• Acting as a professional deputy appointed by the Court of Protection to manage large settlements
• Advising on the creation of personal injury trusts and statutory wills
• Appointed Trustee for Quartet Community Foundation between 2013-2016
• Awarded 'Women in Law for outstanding Private Client work' 2016
• Awarded 'Top 35 under 35' award for private client work
• Built a well-established and growing personal network of referrers
Becky has spent her legal career in Bath but was drawn to the opportunity presented to her of becoming part of the Mental Capacity team at Wilsons due to its reputation and expertise.
What her clients say about her:
"Becky always has her clients' best interests at heart and is extremely helpful and understanding. She is always there to support the whole family" Natalie B, October 2020
"I was ill when I was 3½ years old. As a result I am a double amputee with frontal brain damage due to Clinical Negligence. I am unable to manage my own finances, so Becky assists me. I like working with Becky as I have no filter and I can be myself around her. She understands me and meets my needs. Becky has tried to leave me by changing firms, but I insisted I followed her as there is nobody else I would wish to work with" Chloe H
In her spare time, Becky enjoys yoga, skiing, water sports and is about to embark on her motor boat qualifications. Becky is married with a young son and daughter who keep her active with walking, cycling, climbing and water sports.