01722 427 547
“Jayna Patel was absolutely excellent, completely on the ball with a clear understanding of the legal issues and fantastic organisational skills. I was really impressed by her client-handling.”Legal 500, 2020
“Jayna’s determination, rigour and attention to detail ensured our successful outcome against a giant of a company. We are grateful that she was on our side and were particularly impressed with her communication and negotiating skills.” - Client
"After trying unsuccessfully to resolve a tricky situation with my fellow directors / shareholders, engaging Jayna was the best move I made. She not only offered a clear and objective view of the situation and provided a comprehensive assessment of my options, more importantly she offered an opinion on the chance of success for each. This was invaluable and enabled me to view the situation more objectively and help decide which route to take and which now I’m very happy to say resolved the issue." - Client
"Thank you so much for dealing with my matter and I am most pleased with the result." - Client
Jayna joined the Commercial Disputes team as an associate in 2015 bringing 15 years of litgation know-how with her. She has a particular technical expertise in professional negligence claims against solicitors, valuers, construction professionals and accountants and is a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers' Association. Jayna also provides general commercial litigation advice to businesses including the recovery of debts.
Educated at Cardiff University, Jayna qualified as a solicitor in 2007. Prior to joining Wilsons she worked in London with a City firm, where she project managed high value complex claims and procured a 100% success rate for her clients.
Jayna believes that it is important for her clients to be aware of the commercial implications of her legal advice so that they can weigh up the risks/benefits/costs of litigation. Her clients rely on her expertise to not only present options but to provide an opinion on how to achieve the best outcome.
Jayna has extensive experience of alternative funding for litigation and can assist her clients with securing the right package for them.
Post Lockdown Jayna has primarily worked remotely from home, offering her clients a flexible out of hours service.
- Miah v. Hoque & Ors, Lawtel, 24/05/2018. A former member of a mosque sought an injunction in the High Court that he be readmitted to worship during Ramadan. Jayna acted for the mosque in successfully resisting the application and recovering 80% of the incurred costs
- Acting for a milk wholesaler in a contractual dispute against Muller
- Successfully settling a variety of professional negligence claims brought by an international business and individuals against solicitors
- Representing a medical regulatory body in relation to a regulatory appeal
- Acting for shareholders and directors e.g. minority shareholder claims, business loans
- Bringing and defending claims arising from employment restrictive covenants including breach of confidence
- Acting for landowners/estates in relation to property damage caused by utility businesses or third parties.
Now based in Winchester, Jayna likes to keep active exploring the local surroundings with her husband and young daughters. She also regularly travels to Cardiff and London to visit family and friends.