01722 427 547
“Jayna Patel was absolutely excellent, completely on the ball with a clear understanding of the legal issues and fantastic organisational skills. I was really impressed by her client-handling.”Legal 500, 2020
“Jayna’s determination, rigour and attention to detail ensured our successful outcome against a giant of a company. We are grateful that she was on our side and were particularly impressed with her communication and negotiating skills.” - Client
"After trying unsuccessfully to resolve a tricky situation with my fellow directors / shareholders, engaging Jayna was the best move I made. She not offered a clear and objective view of the situation and provided a comprehensive assessment of my options, more importantly she offered an opinion on the chance of success for each. This was invaluable and enabled me view the situation more objectively and help decide which route to take and which now I’m very happy to say resolved the issue." - Client
Jayna joined the Commercial Disputes team as an associate in 2015. She was educated at Cardiff University before qualifying as a solicitor in 2007, and prior to joining Wilsons Jayna spent three years in London with a City firm, where she procured a 100% success rate for her lender clients.
Jayna brings a particular technical expertise in high value professional negligence claims against solicitors, valuers and construction professionals. She also has significant experience of civil and commercial litigation in the High Court. Jayna's strengths lie in legal analysis, advising, negotiating and drafting. She has proven ability to project manage high value claims and regularly advises businesses on how to resolve complex commercial disputes including the recovery of bad debts.
- Miah v. Hoque & Ors, Lawtel, 24/05/2018. A former member of a mosque sought an injunction in the High Court that he be readmitted to worship during Ramadan. Jayna acted for the mosque in successfully resisting the application and recovering 80% of the incurred costs.
- Bringing and defending claims arising from employment restrictive covenants including breach of confidence
- Acting for and against minority shareholder claims
- Acting for an international business in a professional negligence claim and costs assessment against their former solicitors
- Acting for trustees in a professional negligence claim against solicitors
- Acting for a landowner in a dispute with the local water board in relation to property damage and associated losses
- Successfully representing a medical regulatory body in relation to a regulatory appeal.
Jayna is a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers' Association.
Now based in Winchester, Jayna likes to keep active by keeping fit and exploring the local surroundings with her husband and young daughter. She also regularly travels to Cardiff and London to visit family and friends.