Charity Legacy Officers’ Seminar 2019
"A very informative and well worthwhile seminar. Thank you all very much, may it continue."
"As usual, an excellent day with a useful roundup and a chance to meet colleagues at other charities."
"A great day, hugely valuable in content and networking."
Welcome to "The Way Ahead", the annual Wilsons seminar for Charity Legacy Officers, presented in association with the Institute of Legacy Management.
We live in more than usually challenging times, with Brexit looming. But "nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes", and that is as true now as it was when Benjamin Franklin said it in 1789. Charities still need expert guidance to maximise their legacy income, and we can help with that. The seminar is packed full of relevant and useful topics.
The focus of the day is clear, practical guidance on relevant issues, with a down-to-earth approach. Our speakers are all acknowledged experts, with more than a hundred years of experience between them. There will be plenty of time for questions and answers (and an excellent lunch).
- An update on estoppel – "one day all this won't be yours".
- Property market update, and tips on selling Probate properties in a difficult market.
- De-mystifying trusts and their tax.
- Reviewing life interest files.
- An update on recent relevant cases.
- Unusual probate applications – using the Non-Contentious Probate Rules to your advantage.
- "On your bike" – a refresher on the removal of executors.
For full details about the seminar, please click here to visit The Way Ahead.