Wilsons Webinar: Answering your furlough questions
There have been a wealth of changes on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme in the last few weeks and many of the outstanding uncertainties have now been clarified. However, a few key issues remain unresolved.
In this webinar, we will provide a comprehensive update on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), highlight the areas that remain unclear and deal with the following questions:
- Do employers need a written agreement to place an employee on furlough leave?
- When does furlough leave start?
- How far can CJRS claims be backdated?
- What is the position in respect of employees who have been transferred under TUPE?
- Can an employee on SSP be furloughed?
- Can an employee on maternity leave be furloughed?
- Can employees be required to take unpaid leave? What is the position if unpaid leave is requested by the employee?
- Can employees be required to take paid holiday leave? If so how is holiday calculated?
- What is the position with accrued holiday leave?
- How is an employee brought off furlough leave if required and what are the implications of so doing?
- How do employers calculate claims in respect of staff on variable pay?
- What if the claim put in by an employer is incorrect?
We will also discuss how employers can implement alternatives to furloughing (such as reducing pay for the workforce) and how best start to planning ahead for the post-furlough era.
Join our Employment Team LIVE at 10am on Friday 1 May 2020 - REGISTER YOUR PLACE FOR FREE HERE