01722 427 611
Imogen is a consultant in the Tax & Trusts team and joined Wilsons in October 2020.
After studying history and archaeology at Durham University, she completed the Common Professional Examination (aka the law conversion course) and Legal Practice Course before changing to pursue a career in private client tax at Deloitte (where she qualified as a chartered tax advisor), Ernst & Young and Smith & Williamson where she became a partner in 2014 and also headed their private client team in Bristol. Imogen then transferred back into the legal world when she worked at Clarke Willmott from 2018 to 2020 before moving to Wilsons.
Imogen's experiences cover all areas of trust and private client tax advice and planning together with managing the annual compliance cycle (which also includes accounts and other reporting requirements) for a wide variety of clients including individuals (and their families), trusts, sole traders, partnerships, entrepreneurs and farmers.
Examples of her work include:
• Later life planning from the reasonably straightforward to where there is an international element, second / third marriages, land and businesses
• Tax planning on the disposal of shares, trading companies and other capital assets
• The taxes on the acquisition, letting out and / or disposal of land and property
• Residence, domicile and international matters
• HMRC enquiries including queries over trading losses and more recently entrepreneurs' relief (now business asset disposal relief)
• Either assisting or managing the tax return compliance process every year since 2001