01722 427 631
Orla is an associate in our Probate & Estate Administration team having joined Wilsons in November 2023.
She studied Philosophy at Heythrop College, University of London before completing her GDL and LPC (Commendation) at BPP. Orla qualified as a solicitor in 2016 and completed her Society of Trusts and Estates Diploma in 2020.
Examples of work carried out by Orla include (but are not limited to):
- The administration of both taxable and non-taxable estates;
- Providing advice on estates where claims for Agricultural Property Relief and/or Business Property Relief are to be made;
- Advising in respect on income tax and capital gains tax during the administration period of an estate, including the use of deeds of appropriation where appropriate;
- Advising on estates where there is an intestacy or partial intestacy;
- Arranging the resealing of UK grants in other jurisdictions.
Orla was born in Yorkshire and raised on a hill farm in the Yorkshire Dales. She now lives on her husband's family farm in Dorset, where she enjoys helping out and trying to keep her young daughter out of trouble.