01722 427 602
“He is a great lawyer, he is very patient with clients and has a very calm personality.”Chambers HNW, 2021
Rupert is a private client lawyer in our Tax & Trusts team. His work is primarily planning with trusts and wills, with the tax effects of planning options an important consideration. His clients are mostly individuals, trustees, and executors. He also acts for companies and partnerships on trust and tax matters with a 'private client' element. Rupert spent ten years working at Farrer and Co. in London, before moving to Wiltshire to work at Wilsons in 2011. He now splits his time between Wilsons' London and Salisbury offices. Rupert became a partner in May 2015.
Part of Rupert's work has a foreign dimension, whether it is acting for a UK based client who owns assets outside the UK, an international client with UK assets, or in some cases, international clients with trusts but no personal connection to the UK. He also acts for clients who are planning to come to the UK on a regular basis and want to ensure they are UK tax compliant.
- Working with a number of family offices to advise on trust matters, intergenerational transfers, and the coordination of advice from other departments within the firm;
- Estate planning including wills, trusts and a charitable trust for an entrepreneurial husband and wife with philanthropic ambitions;
- Providing international trust advice to a middle eastern family with interests in multiple jurisdictions;
- Assisting a family from the far east on UK probate, property, and estate planning complications;
- Settling a complex entrepreneurs relief claim with HMRC.