Nurturing home-grown talent
The many lawyers that have trained, qualified and then stayed with us speak volumes about a trainee programme that places willingness to take responsibility centre stage. We’ll give you the chance to develop this from early in your career – even dealing with clients in your first week.
Learning from experience
Your programme starts with a full induction including comprehensive IT and best practice training. We’ll then assign you a mentor – normally a newly- qualified (NQ) or one year Post Qualified Experience (PQE) solicitor who has trained and qualified with us. They will support you for the duration of your training.
Under our two-year training contract you’ll sample four disciplines in six-month seats across our different departments. In each seat we’ll assign you a supervisor who is normally a partner or senior associate. They’ll be responsible for managing and supervising your workload, and providing you with feedback on your progress.
During each seat you’ll undergo two formal reviews – one at the mid-seat stage and one at the end. This helps us give you regular feedback on your progress and areas for development.
Picking the strongest team
Our success depends on employing the highest quality people. So, if you apply, you’ll not only need to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills, but also show the enthusiasm to learn plus the ability to multitask and think clearly. Good team working skills are also vital.
- We recruit four trainees per year – with a 2.1 degree or above from a top-ranking university
- Our next assessment day is on Thursday, 1 August 2019
- The deadline for training contracts to commence in September 2021 is 30 June 2019
- For the Chambers Student 2018 True Picture click here
- Please complete an application form (Adobe PDF) (Microsoft Word) and email to Jo Ratcliffe or send by post to:
Mrs J Ratcliffe
Wilsons Solicitors LLP
St Johns Street