COVID-19 - Useful links for employers
19 March 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic poses a number of serious and substantial challenges for employers, with the vast majority facing disruption to how they provide services/goods and a reduction in business.
In such unprecedented times, it can be difficult to get clear and up to date advice. To help employers ensure they comply with their obligations to employees and manage these difficulties from a staffing and resourcing level, please check the links to the organisations below.
- Policy paper: A plan for jobs 2020
- Statutory Sick Pay rebate scheme guidance
- Working safely during coronavirus guidance
- Further treasury direction
- HMRC guidance for employers
- CJRS extension
- Treasury Direction
- HMRC guidance for employees
- Step-by-step guide
- Guide to working out 80% of wages
- ACAS - Guidance to employers and employees alike.
- Public Health - Specific guidance for employers with an option to receive direct updates.
- NHS - Health guidance.
- HMCTS - Information for users of Courts and Tribunals.
Advice and guidance is being updated regularly.
In brief we recommend employers:
- Have a COVID-19 planning committee to make decisions on how the organisation will be continuing operations, managing staff, travel, visitors, meetings with suppliers/customers, events etc.
- Keep a record of risks considered, action taken or not taken and the reasons for this.
- Carry out risk assessments for those highlighted as being vulnerable including pregnant women, those with underlying health issues and those aged 70 or over.
- Continue with a travel register so that you have a record of employee's travel (to the extent that they're able to travel under current restrictions).
- Communicate the business' COVID-19 plan to staff which should include your policies on personal hygiene, home working, social distancing and a reminder of your sickness notification/sick pay rules.
- Ensure communications to staff are carefully and sensitively worded during this unsettling time.
If you have any questions about any of the topics covered above, or would simply like an informal chat with one of our experts, please use the form below to get in contact.