01722 427 692
Martha is an Associate in the Probate and Estate Administration team. She joined Wilsons LLP in February 2020.
She studied Theology at Durham University. After working in IT and Recruitment for a number of years, she completed her GDL and LPC (Commendation) in 2009 and trained with a firm in South West London. She moved to Dorset in 2013 and worked for Trethowans until 2020.
Examples of the work Martha carries out includes:
- Administration of both taxable and non-taxable estates
- Resealing of foreign grants or obtaining additional grants where the deceased was not UK domiciled
- Preparation of Wills and Codicils and providing estate planning advice.
- Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and dealing with their registration with the Office of the Public Guardian
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian
In her spare time she enjoys going to the gym; running; sailing (she and her husband own a RS200 dinghy which they race in Poole Harbour); collecting and reading recipe books and occasionally actually cooking from them. She is also owned by two cats.