01722 427 692
Martha is an Associate in the Probate and Estate Administration team. She joined Wilsons LLP in February 2020 and is a full member (TEP) of the Society for Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
She studied Theology at Durham University. After working in IT and Recruitment for a number of years, she completed her GDL and LPC (Commendation) in 2009 and trained with a firm in South West London. She moved to Dorset in 2013 and worked for Trethowans until 2020.
Examples of the work Martha carries out includes:
- Administration of both taxable and non-taxable estates
- Resealing of foreign grants or obtaining additional grants where the deceased was not UK domiciled
- Preparation of Wills and Codicils and providing estate planning advice.
- Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and dealing with their registration with the Office of the Public Guardian
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian
In her spare time she enjoys going to the gym; running; sailing (she and her husband own a RS200 dinghy which they race in Poole Harbour); collecting and reading recipe books and occasionally actually cooking from them. She is also owned by two cats.