01722 427 615
Jess is an associate in our Tax & Trusts team. She graduated from Leeds University with a BA in Politics and from the College of Law with an LLB. She trained with Speechly Bircham (now Charles Russell Speechlys) and spent time working in their London and Zurich offices. Jess qualified in October 2010 and joined Wilsons in July 2016, and advises a broad range of UK and international clients on wealth protection, tax and estate planning, succession and wills. Jess is a member of the Association of Tax Technicians.
Jess drafts wills and trusts as well as advising on the related tax and planning issues. She provides advice on residence and domicile for UK tax and English law purposes, ownership structures for UK residential property and the taxation of offshore trusts with UK resident beneficiaries and settlors.
- Advising on the practical, legal and taxation implications from a UK perspective of creating, maintaining and/or winding up trusts and other structures;
- Advising a UK-resident and domiciled individual on the effects of migration from the UK, including the most tax-efficient ways to provide for the family and fund offshore acquisitions and living expenses via existing domestic entities and offshore structures;
- Advising on the de-enveloping of UK residential property held by offshore companies in light of 2017 changes to the taxation of such structures;
- Liaising with advisors in jurisdictions around the world to devise coordinate succession plans for clients with interests in multiple jurisdictions;
- Advising non-UK resident trustees on their UK tax exposure and restructuring options following changes to tax legislation and UK-resident settlors and beneficiaries on their tax exposure in relation to offshore settlements.