01722 427 615
Jess is a senior associate in our Tax & Trusts team. She advises individuals, families, trustees and beneficiaries on private client issues, including tax, estate planning, succession, powers of attorney, wills and trusts. She has a particular interest in working with business owners, landed estate owners and farming families in relation to tax-efficient ownership structuring and succession planning strategies.
Jess joined Wilsons in June 2016 from Speechly Bircham (now Charles Russell Speechlys), where she trained (qualifying in October 2012) and spent time working in their London and Zurich offices.
Jess is a member of the Association of Tax Technicians, having completed her ATT qualification in 2018. She is now working towards her Chartered Tax Advisor qualification.
- Advising on the practical, legal and taxation implications from a UK perspective of creating, maintaining and/or winding up trusts and other structures;
- Advising a UK-resident and domiciled individual on the effects of migration from the UK, including the most tax-efficient ways to provide for the family and fund offshore acquisitions and living expenses via existing domestic entities and offshore structures;
- Advising on the de-enveloping of UK residential property held by offshore companies in light of 2017 changes to the taxation of such structures;
- Liaising with advisors in jurisdictions around the world to devise coordinate succession plans for clients with interests in multiple jurisdictions;
- Advising non-UK resident trustees on their UK tax exposure and restructuring options following changes to tax legislation and UK-resident settlors and beneficiaries on their tax exposure in relation to offshore settlements.