01722 427 692
Lisa is an associate in our Probate & Estate Administration team and specialises in probate, wills and mental capacity work including:
- The administration of high value and complex estates including estates with claims for Agricultural Property Relief and Business Property Relief.
- The administration of estates with a cross-border element (for example where the deceased was domiciled abroad, assets are held abroad, a UK grant is needed for a foreign will and re-sealing foreign grants).
- Applications for unusual grant applications (including attorney grants, interim grants, applications for orders under s116 Senior Courts Act 1981 to pass over prior claims to a grant and applications to prove a copy will where the original will has been lost).
- Wills, succession and estate planning.
- Preparing lasting powers of attorney and registering them with the Office of the Public Guardian.
- Registering enduring powers of attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian.
- Deputyship applications to the Court of Protection where a person has lost mental capacity.
Lisa read English Literature at the University of Exeter before commencing her legal studies at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice. Lisa trained with Wilsons and qualified into the Probate & Estate Administration team in 2013.
- Obtaining UK grants of representation and administering estates where the deceased was domiciled in Japan, France and Switzerland respectively.
- The administration of a high value estate where several trusts were aggregated for inheritance tax purposes.
- Obtaining orders from the Probate Registry to prove foreign wills where the foreign will does not appoint an executor.
- Obtaining a grant of representation for a copy, unsigned will.
Lisa is a member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the Law Society Private Client Section.